What is the iHunt?
The iHunt is a puzzle hunt that takes place at Insomnia. You'll need to solve a series of puzzles that are both online and offline. The fastest team to solve all the puzzles will be crowned iHunt champions and win four BYOC tickets to the next Insomnia LAN.
iHunt at Insomnia 60
iHunt 60 will take place on Saturday 15 April and Sunday 16 April. A set of puzzles will go live for everyone at 12 midday on each day. Each set of challenges can be completed in a few hours, so you'll have plenty of time left for video games!
Head back to this website on Thursday 13 April to try out the practice puzzles with your team.
What will I be doing?
Finding hidden things like this:
Or not so hidden things like this:
Watch videos like this:
And solving puzzles like this:
Interviews with previous Winners
- All puzzle answers are case-insensitive.
- Puzzle answers won't be random letters and numbers unless the answer is given to you explicitly.
- Answers can be a combination of words, numbers, hexadecimal or binary digits.
- Answers won't have special characters in.
Whether or not you win, the iHunt is lots of fun to take part in. So that everyone can enjoy it, we have a few rules that you need to follow:
- You win the iHunt by answering all the questions as fast as possible and being the first team to reach the end.
- You aren't allowed to try to hack the server or exploit the site.
- If you have a technical issue, contact one of the admins on Discord. If you exploit a bug you'll be disqualified, so ask first if you're not sure whether something is a bug.
- Don't remove or vandalise clues. This ruins the iHunt for everyone else.
- Don't post tasks, answers or clues anywhere until after the iHunt is over.
- The maximum team size is 4.
- Teams can work together in private, but we discourage this to try and make things fair. The winning team who gets the golden tickets is the first team to correctly answer all the questions, so don't shoot yourself in the foot!